In the mood for Mexican tonight? This combination of pasta, salsa, ground beef, and cheese captures south-of-the-border flavors.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Yields: 6 (main-dish) servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 20 mins 350°F
ounces packaged dried spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine, broken
pound ground beef or ground raw turkey
large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 1/4 ounce package (2 tablespoons) taco seasoning mix
11 ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
cup sliced pitted ripe olives
cup shredded Cojack or cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
4 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
cups shredded lettuce
cup broken tortilla chips
medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook ground beef or turkey and onion until meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the shredded cheese, the salsa, and chilies.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart round casserole. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tortilla chips, and tomato wedges. If desired, top with sour cream. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Taco Spaghetti)
- Per serving:
- 438 kcal cal.,
- 21 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 66 mg chol.,
- 949 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBeef Casseroles, Beef Recipes, Casseroles, Casseroles Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Italian Recipes, Mexican Casseroles, Mexican Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Quiche Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Turkey Casseroles, Turkey Recipes