- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 5 ounces packaged dried spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine, broken
- 1 pound ground beef or ground raw turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 1 1/4 ounce package (2 tablespoons) taco seasoning mix
- 1 11 ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
- 1 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded Cojack or cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
2. In a 12-inch skillet cook ground beef or turkey and onion until meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the shredded cheese, the salsa, and chilies.
3. Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart round casserole. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Serve with shredded lettuce, tortilla chips, and tomato wedges. If desired, top with sour cream. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 438,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 66,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 42,
- pro. (g) 26,
- sodium (mg) 949,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet