In the mood for Mexican tonight? This combination of pasta, salsa, ground beef, and cheese captures south-of-the-border flavors.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Yields: 6 (main-dish) servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 20 mins 350°F
ounces packaged dried spaghetti, linguine, or fettuccine, broken
pound ground beef or ground raw turkey
large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 1/4 ounce package (2 tablespoons) taco seasoning mix
11 ounce can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, drained
cup sliced pitted ripe olives
cup shredded Cojack or cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
4 ounce can diced green chilies, drained
cups shredded lettuce
cup broken tortilla chips
medium tomato, cut into thin wedges
Dairy sour cream (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook ground beef or turkey and onion until meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives, half of the shredded cheese, the salsa, and chilies.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2-quart round casserole. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, tortilla chips, and tomato wedges. If desired, top with sour cream. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Taco Spaghetti)
- 438 kcal cal.;
- 21 g Fat, total;
- 66 mg chol.;
- 8 g sat. fat;
- 42 g carb.;
- 26 g pro.;
- 949 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet