Lemon and mustard are the flavor ingredients in this side salad dressing recipe. Add grilled chicken to the salad for a main dish.
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
clove garlic, minced
9 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
pound asparagus spears (about 16 spears), cut into 1-inch pieces and halved lengthwise
tablespoons olive oil
yellow sweet pepper, chopped
cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
green onions, sliced
red or yellow sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and garlic in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Cook tortellini in a large saucepan according to package directions, adding asparagus to pan for the last minute of cooking time; drain. Rinse tortellini and asparagus with cold water; drain again.
- Toss tortellini-asparagus mixture with olive oil in a very large bowl or container. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Seal chopped sweet pepper, cheese, green onion, nuts, and sweet pepper halves in separate self-sealing plastic bags.
- Transport all ingredients in an insulated cooler with ice packs. To serve, stir chopped pepper, cheese, green onion, and nuts into tortellini-asparagus mixture. Shake dressing; pour over all, tossing lightly to coat. Spoon mixture into sweet pepper halves. Makes 10 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Summertime Tortellini)
- Per serving:
- 171 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 15 mg chol.,
- 226 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesColeslaw Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Pasta Salad Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Salad Recipes, Seasonal Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes