Lemon and mustard are the flavor ingredients in this side salad dressing recipe. Add grilled chicken to the salad for a main dish.
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
clove garlic, minced
9 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
pound asparagus spears (about 16 spears), cut into 1-inch pieces and halved lengthwise
tablespoons olive oil
yellow sweet pepper, chopped
cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
green onions, sliced
red or yellow sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and garlic in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Cook tortellini in a large saucepan according to package directions, adding asparagus to pan for the last minute of cooking time; drain. Rinse tortellini and asparagus with cold water; drain again.
- Toss tortellini-asparagus mixture with olive oil in a very large bowl or container. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Seal chopped sweet pepper, cheese, green onion, nuts, and sweet pepper halves in separate self-sealing plastic bags.
- Transport all ingredients in an insulated cooler with ice packs. To serve, stir chopped pepper, cheese, green onion, and nuts into tortellini-asparagus mixture. Shake dressing; pour over all, tossing lightly to coat. Spoon mixture into sweet pepper halves. Makes 10 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Summertime Tortellini)
- Per serving:
- 171 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 15 mg chol.,
- 226 mg sodium,
- 19 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet