- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound asparagus spears (about 16 spears), cut into 1-inch pieces and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or chopped almonds
- 5 red or yellow sweet peppers, halved and seeded
1. Combine lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and garlic in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Chill for 2 to 24 hours.
2. Cook tortellini in a large saucepan according to package directions, adding asparagus to pan for the last minute of cooking time; drain. Rinse tortellini and asparagus with cold water; drain again.
3. Toss tortellini-asparagus mixture with olive oil in a very large bowl or container. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. Seal chopped sweet pepper, cheese, green onion, nuts, and sweet pepper halves in separate self-sealing plastic bags.
4. Transport all ingredients in an insulated cooler with ice packs. To serve, stir chopped pepper, cheese, green onion, and nuts into tortellini-asparagus mixture. Shake dressing; pour over all, tossing lightly to coat. Spoon mixture into sweet pepper halves. Makes 10 side-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 171,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 15,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 19,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 8,
- vit. A (RE) 319,
- vit. C (mg) 90,
- sodium (mg) 226,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet