Shrimp, vegetables and flavor-packed pasta coated with a creamy basil and lemon sauce create this one dish dinner.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/3 cup
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the squash, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a medium skillet for 3 minutes or until onion and squash begin to soften. Add the shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes more until shrimp are opaque.
- Reduce heat and stir in milk and hot pepper sauce. Remove from heat and stir in cooked fettuccine and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Stir in snipped basil, lemon peel, mint, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper. Stir in radicchio until just wilted.
- To serve, garnish with basil leaves or cherry tomatoes, if desired. Makes 4 (about 1-1/3 cup) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh basil is most aromatic and seductive when its raw or has the briefest sojourn with heat. So, add it to hot dishes at the end of cooking.
Nutrition Facts (Summertime Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 431 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- 440 mg sodium,
- 52 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 26 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet