Spring Peas Risotto
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender. Add the uncooked rice. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until rice is golden.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine broth and the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat until simmering. Carefully add 1 cup of the broth mixture to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir over medium heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Add another 1 cup of the broth mixture to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Add another 1 cup of the broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the broth mixture has been absorbed. (This should take 18 to 20 minutes total.)
- Stir in the remaining broth mixture, the peas, and carrot. Cook and stir until the rice is slightly creamy and just tender.
- Stir in the spinach, Parmesan cheese, thyme, and pepper; heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Peas Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 238 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 2 mg chol.,
- 489 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet