- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces dried whole wheat or 50 percent whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14 1/2ounce can no-salt-added whole tomatoes with juice, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chopped fresh basil (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and garlic and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, about 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp mixture to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, capers, and red pepper flakes to the large pan. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Return the shrimp mixture to the pan and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.