This hearty spaghetti casserole recipe makes dinner a snap on busy weeknights. Using cottage cheese helps keep it low-fat.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Return spaghetti to warm saucepan. Stir butter into hot pasta until melted. Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on the top and up the sides of pasta crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. To serve, cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Spaghetti Pie)
- Per serving:
- 270 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 76 mg chol.,
- 500 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet