Spaghetti-Corn Relish Salad
14 ounce package dried multigrain, whole wheat, or regular spaghetti
fresh ears of sweet corn, husks and silks removed, or 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
small cucumber, seeded and chopped
small summer squash, chopped
stalk celery, thinly sliced
large red sweet pepper, chopped
cup cider vinegar
cup olive oil
teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon celery seed
- Cook spaghetti, with 1 tablespoon salt added to water, according to package directions; add sweet corn during the last 3 minutes of pasta cooking time. Use tongs to transfer ears of corn to cutting board. (If using frozen corn, drain with pasta.) Drain spaghetti; rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Cool corn until easy to handle. Hold corn upright. With fingers away from knife blade and cutting down the length of the corn cob, cut off corn in planks.
- In large serving bowl combine cooled drained spaghetti, cucumber, squash, onion, celery, and sweet pepper.
- In jar combine vinegar, oil, sugar, dry mustard, celery seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover; shake well to combine and dissolve sugar. Pour over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Gently fold in corn planks. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Spaghetti-Corn Relish Salad)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 181 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet