Spaghetti-Corn Relish Salad
- Cook spaghetti, with 1 tablespoon salt added to water, according to package directions; add sweet corn during the last 3 minutes of pasta cooking time. Use tongs to transfer ears of corn to cutting board. (If using frozen corn, drain with pasta.) Drain spaghetti; rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Cool corn until easy to handle. Hold corn upright. With fingers away from knife blade and cutting down the length of the corn cob, cut off corn in planks.
- In large serving bowl combine cooled drained spaghetti, cucumber, squash, onion, celery, and sweet pepper.
- In jar combine vinegar, oil, sugar, dry mustard, celery seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover; shake well to combine and dissolve sugar. Pour over spaghetti mixture; toss to coat. Gently fold in corn planks. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spaghetti-Corn Relish Salad)
- Per serving:
- 320 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 181 mg sodium,
- 47 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet