- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta or penne (3-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 4 1/2ounce package smoked salmon, flaked with skin and bones removed
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs or panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet cook red sweet pepper and green onion in hot butter 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice (mixture may appear curdled).
3. In a large bowl combine pasta, cheese sauce, smoked salmon, and artichoke hearts. Transfer to a 2-quart square or rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, pine nuts, and black pepper. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
- Prepare as directed except do not top with bread crumbs and nuts; cover. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Top with bread crumbs and pine nuts. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 470,
- Fat, total (g) 19,
- chol. (mg) 74,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 45,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 30,
- sodium (mg) 780,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet