baby artichokes or one 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
ounces dried fettuccine or spinach fettuccine
medium leeks, sliced (1 cup)
teaspoon bottled minced garlic
tablespoons olive oil
cup shelled peas (about 12 ounces in the pod) or frozen peas
cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
cup coarsely snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
tablespoons coarsely snipped fresh mint
Thin slices Parmesan cheese (optional)
- If using baby artichokes, remove outer leaves until you reach pale green or yellow leaves on the bottom half. Cut darker green portion of leaves off top half of artichoke and discard. Cut off stem and trim any remaining green from base of artichoke. Quarter artichokes. Remove purple or pink leaves, if present, on the inside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return pasta to pan.
- Cook and stir quartered artichokes or artichoke hearts with leeks and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add peas and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- Add artichoke mixture, parsley, and mint to pasta; toss gently to mix. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Shades-of-Green Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 303 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 5 mg chol.,
- 332 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet