Scallops and Pasta Salad
teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
cup orange juice
cup white wine vinegar
tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
ounces dried medium shell macaroni
ounces fresh or frozen sea scallops
cups torn fresh spinach
cup frozen peas
cup thinly sliced celery
- For dressing, in a small bowl stir together the orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, pectin, and sugar until smooth. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half. Bring water to boiling; add scallops. Return to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Drain. Rinse under cold running water.
- For salad, in a large bowl toss together cooked macaroni, cooked scallops, spinach, peas, onion, celery, and sweet pepper. Stir dressing; pour over salad. Toss to coat. Makes five 2-cup servings.
Nutrition Facts(Scallops and Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 227 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 14 mg chol.,
- 142 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet