- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces dried medium shell macaroni
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped red sweet pepper
1. For dressing, in a small bowl stir together the orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, pectin, and sugar until smooth. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
3. Meanwhile, thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half. Bring water to boiling; add scallops. Return to boiling. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Drain. Rinse under cold running water.
4. For salad, in a large bowl toss together cooked macaroni, cooked scallops, spinach, peas, onion, celery, and sweet pepper. Stir dressing; pour over salad. Toss to coat. Makes five 2-cup servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 5,
- cal. (kcal) 227,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- chol. (mg) 14,
- carb. (g) 42,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 13,
- vit. A (IU) 1944,
- vit. C (mg) 39,
- sodium (mg) 142,
- calcium (mg) 989,
- iron (mg) 5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet