Saucy Shrimp and Pasta
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan stir together tomatoes, cornstarch, snipped parsley, sugar, Italian seasoning, and ground red pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in shrimp. Return to boiling; cook for 1 to 3 minutes more or until shrimp are opague.
- Serve shrimp mixture over hot cooked spaghetti. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To remove the black vein that runs along the back of a shrimp, use a sharp knife to make a slit from the head to the tail end. Then hold the shrimp under cold water to rinse away the vein.
Nutrition Facts (Saucy Shrimp and Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 271 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 131 mg chol.,
- 545 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 21 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet