Salmon with Whole Wheat Pasta
pound fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets, cut into 4 pieces
medium yellow and/or green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
ounces cherry tomatoes, halved (1 1/2 cups)
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
ounces dried whole grain pasta (such as linguine, fettucine, or penne)
tablespoons dry white wine
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
cup snipped fresh basil
- Thaw salmon if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a 15x10x1-inch baking pan combine sweet pepper pieces and tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with half of the rosemary, the salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Remove pan from oven. Stir wine and balsamic vinegar into vegetable mixture. Add salmon pieces to pan and turn to coat with wine mixture. Return to oven and roast about 10 minutes more or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, divide pasta among four plates. Top pasta with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with basil. Place salmon on vegetables and sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
Nutrition Facts(Salmon with Whole Wheat Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 468 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 67 mg chol.,
- 223 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 30 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet