tablespoons olive oil
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
tablespoons lemon juice
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
cup plain fat-free yogurt
ounces fresh or frozen skinless, boneless salmon fillets, 1 inch thick
Nonstick spray coating
cups torn romaine
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
cup cherry tomatoes, halved
cup pitted ripe olives, halved (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is lightly golden. Transfer garlic to a blender container. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, water, and pepper. Cover; blend until combined. Reserve 2 tablespoons of garlic mixture; set aside. Add yogurt to remaining garlic mixture in blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Chill until serving time.
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry. Brush the reserved garlic mixture evenly over salmon. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick coating. Place the salmon on the rack. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss romaine, onion, and Parmesan cheese with the chilled yogurt mixture. Divide romaine mixture among 4 salad plates. Place one salmon fillet on each salad. Top with tomatoes and, if desired, olives. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Salmon Salad)
- Per serving:
- 234 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 21 mg chol.,
- 331 mg sodium,
- 12 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 19 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet