- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillet, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound buckwheat (soba) noodles or whole wheat noodles
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons anise seed, crushed
1. Thaw salmon, if frozen. Combine 1 tablespoon each of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and the cracked pepper in a 2-quart baking dish. Place fish in the mixture, turning to coat both sides. Marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Place salmon on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish or just until fish flakes, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, cook buckwheat noodles in boiling water in a large saucepan for 4 minutes (or whole wheat noodles for 8 to 10 minutes) until just slightly chewy. Drain; place in a large bowl. Add remaining oil and vinegar, the orange juice and orange sections, garlic, onion, and anise seed; toss to coat. To serve, divide the noodle mixture among four dinner bowls. Top each serving with a piece of salmon. Makes 4 servings.
- Make it a meal with lettuce and tomato salad and biscotti with espresso.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 372,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 25,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 55,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 29,
- vit. C (mg) 30,
- sodium (mg) 538,
- iron (mg) 5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet