Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. In a large bowl combine zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and sweet peppers. Drizzle vegetables with oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to combine. Place vegetable mixture in a shallow roasting pan.
- Broil vegetables 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Stir vegetables. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes more or until light brown and tender. Set vegetables aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Place one-third of the marinara sauce in prepared baking dish. Layer four of the cooked noodles on top of the sauce. Top with half of the roasted vegetables, one-third of the sauce, and one-third of the mozzarella cheese. Add four more noodles, all of the cottage cheese mixture, and one-third of the mozzarella cheese. Add the remaining four noodles, the remaining vegetables, the remaining sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap, then with foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight (lasagna may still be a bit icy). Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap; re-cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Uncover. Bake about 20 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Roasted Vegetable Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 45 mg chol.,
- 741 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Annie Meredith 98 Days Ago
One of the better veggie lasagnas I've made. Takes time to make, but worth it.