Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
packaged dried lasagna noodles
cups zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
cups thinly sliced carrots (5 medium)
cups fresh cremini or button mushrooms, halved
cups coarsely chopped red or green sweet pepper (3 small)
cup olive oil
tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
teaspoon ground black pepper
12 ounce carton cottage cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
26 ounce jar marinara pasta sauce
cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 ounces)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. In a large bowl combine zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and sweet peppers. Drizzle vegetables with oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to combine. Place vegetable mixture in a shallow roasting pan.
- Broil vegetables 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Stir vegetables. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes more or until light brown and tender. Set vegetables aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Place one-third of the marinara sauce in prepared baking dish. Layer four of the cooked noodles on top of the sauce. Top with half of the roasted vegetables, one-third of the sauce, and one-third of the mozzarella cheese. Add four more noodles, all of the cottage cheese mixture, and one-third of the mozzarella cheese. Add the remaining four noodles, the remaining vegetables, the remaining sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap, then with foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw in refrigerator overnight (lasagna may still be a bit icy). Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap; re-cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Uncover. Bake about 20 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts(Roasted Vegetable Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 45 mg chol.,
- 741 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet