- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 12 packaged dried lasagna noodles
- 4 cups zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots (5 medium)
- 2 cups fresh cremini or button mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped red or green sweet pepper (3 small)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 12 ounce carton cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 26 ounce jar marinara pasta sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 ounces)
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of foil; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. In a large bowl combine zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and sweet peppers. Drizzle vegetables with oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Toss well to combine. Place vegetable mixture in a shallow roasting pan.
3. Broil vegetables 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Stir vegetables. Broil for 6 to 8 minutes more or until light brown and tender. Set vegetables aside.
4. In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
5. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Place one-third of the marinara sauce in prepared baking dish. Layer four of the cooked noodles on top of the sauce. Top with half of the roasted vegetables, one-third of the sauce, and one-third of the mozzarella cheese. Add four more noodles, all of the cottage cheese mixture, and one-third of the mozzarella cheese. Add the remaining four noodles, the remaining vegetables, the remaining sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover. Bake about 20 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 9,
- cal. (kcal) 420,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 3,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 37,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 9,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,
- fiber (g) 3,
- sugar (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 22,
- vit. A (IU) 71,
- vit. C (mg) 1,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 1,
- Niacin (mg) 7,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 109,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 1020,
- Potassium (mg) 771,
- calcium (mg) 323,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet