Pesto Shrimp Mac & Cheese
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Chop shrimp and set aside.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In large bowl stir together eggs, butter, half-and-half, 1 cup of the fontina cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, garlic, pine nuts, chopped basil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp and macaroni. Transfer to buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and shrimp pieces are opaque. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pesto Shrimp Mac & Cheese)
- Per serving:
- 509 kcal cal.,
- 27 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat,
- 254 mg chol.,
- 694 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet