Penne with Meat Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Return pasta to hot pan; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown. Drain off fat. In a blender or food processor, combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, sugar, dried oregano, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- Stir tomato mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta and olives. Cover and heat through.
- Sprinkle individual servings with mozzarella cheese. If desired, garnish with oregano leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Penne with Meat Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 59 mg chol.,
- 349 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet