Penne with Broccoli Rabe and Pancetta
- Wash broccoli rabe; drain well. Remove and discard large leaves; cut into 4-inch lengths. Set broccoli rabe aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan cook penne in a large amount of lightly salted boiling water for 9 minutes; add broccoli rabe. Cook about 3 minutes more until penne is tender; drain. Return pasta mixture to saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a 2- to a 2-1/2-quart saucepan, cook onion, pancetta, and garlic over medium heat until pancetta is crisp and onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; add tomato and wine. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to penne mixture in saucepan; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Transfer to a warm serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 4 to 6 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Penne with Broccoli Rabe and Pancetta)
- Per serving:
- 348 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 18 mg chol.,
- 462 mg sodium,
- 51 g carb.,
- 8 g fiber,
- 5 g sugar,
- 16 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet