Pea and Macaroni Salad
- Remove tips and strings from pea pods. Cook macaroni according to package directions in lightly salted boiling water, adding pea pods and peas during last 1 minute of cooking. Drain and rinse. Halve pea pods diagonally; set pasta and pea pods aside.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cooked macaroni, pea pods, peas, celery, and onion. Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Cover; chill 4 to 24 hours. Stir mixture before serving. If necessary, add additional milk (1 to 2 tablespoons) to moisten. Top with additional pea pods, if desired. Makes 12 to 16 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pea and Macaroni Salad)
- Per serving:
- 178 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 7 mg chol.,
- 169 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet