- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 8 ounces fettuccine or linguine
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, thinly bias sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas (2 cups)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cracked black pepper
1. Thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half; set aside.
2. In a Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to Dutch oven; toss with margarine or butter. Cover to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, pour oil into a wok or large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add carrots; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and green onions; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes more or until all of the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok. Cool wok for 1 minute.
4. Carefully add wine or chicken broth, the 1/3 cup water, dill or tarragon, bouillon granules, and crushed red pepper to wok. Bring to boiling. Add scallops; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir together cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons cold water; add to wok. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; add pasta. Toss to mix all ingredients together. Heat through. Transfer to dinner plates. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 462,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 39,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 60,
- pro. (g) 27,
- sodium (mg) 577,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet