Pasta with Scallops and Fresh Vegetables
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to Dutch oven; toss with margarine or butter. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a wok or large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add carrots; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and green onions; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes more or until all of the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok. Cool wok for 1 minute.
- Carefully add wine or chicken broth, the 1/3 cup water, dill or tarragon, bouillon granules, and crushed red pepper to wok. Bring to boiling. Add scallops; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque, stirring occasionally.
- Stir together cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons cold water; add to wok. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; add pasta. Toss to mix all ingredients together. Heat through. Transfer to dinner plates. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pasta with Scallops and Fresh Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 462 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 577 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet