Pasta with Scallops and Fresh Vegetables
pound fresh or frozen sea scallops
ounces fettuccine or linguine
tablespoon margarine or butter
tablespoon cooking oil
cloves garlic, minced
large carrots, thinly bias sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
ounces sugar snap peas (2 cups)
green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
cup dry white wine or chicken broth
tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon
teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
teaspoon crushed red pepper
tablespoons cold water
cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cracked black pepper
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to Dutch oven; toss with margarine or butter. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a wok or large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add carrots; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and green onions; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes more or until all of the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok. Cool wok for 1 minute.
- Carefully add wine or chicken broth, the 1/3 cup water, dill or tarragon, bouillon granules, and crushed red pepper to wok. Bring to boiling. Add scallops; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until scallops are opaque, stirring occasionally.
- Stir together cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons cold water; add to wok. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Return vegetables to wok; add pasta. Toss to mix all ingredients together. Heat through. Transfer to dinner plates. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pasta with Scallops and Fresh Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 462 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 577 mg sodium,
- 60 g carb.,
- 27 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet