- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 10 ounces packaged dried plain or spinach fettuccine or linguine
- 1 12 ounce jar roasted red sweet peppers, drained or 2 large red sweet peppers, roasted*
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Roasted* red sweet pepper strips (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a food processor bowl or blender container, place the 2 roasted peppers. Cover and process or blend until smooth.
3. In a small saucepan heat the pureed peppers over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly. Gradually stir in the sour cream, wine, salt, and pepper. Heat through, but do not boil.
4. Arrange the pasta on individual plates. Spoon the sauce over the pasta. If desired, garnish with roasted red sweet pepper strips. Makes 8 side-dish servings.
- Quarter the peppers. Then remove and discard stems, seeds, and membranes. Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until skins are blistered and dark. Wrap peppers in the foil. Close bag; let stand about 30 minutes to steam the peppers so the skins peel away more easily. Using a sharp knife, remove skins from peppers, pulling skins off in strips. Discard skins.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 184,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 10,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 28,
- pro. (g) 5,
- sodium (mg) 159,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet