- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 ounces dried tricolor medium shell macaroni or cavatelli (1-1/3 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 8 ounce container mascarpone cheese or soft-style cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan cook the green onion in margarine or butter over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the mascarpone or cream cheese. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Add milk and stir until sauce is smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
3. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 354,
- Fat, total (g) 25,
- chol. (mg) 40,
- sat. fat (g) 9,
- carb. (g) 26,
- pro. (g) 13,
- sodium (mg) 132,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet