Pasta Primavera with Asparagus
- Snap off and discard woody bases of fresh asparagus. Rinse. Cut or snap off the tips; set aside. Bias-slice asparagus stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus stalk pieces, wine, and salt to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and asparagus tips; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute more or until the tomatoes are heated through. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Drain pasta; add pasta and basil to vegetables in skillet. Toss gently to combine. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pasta Primavera with Asparagus)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 195 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet