- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 16 thin stalks fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces dried long fusilli or ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 small red, orange, and/or yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
1. Snap off and discard woody bases of fresh asparagus. Rinse. Cut or snap off the tips; set aside. Bias-slice asparagus stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
3. Add asparagus stalk pieces, wine, and salt to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and asparagus tips; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute more or until the tomatoes are heated through. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
4. Drain pasta; add pasta and basil to vegetables in skillet. Toss gently to combine. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 316,
- Fat, total (g) 8,
- chol. (mg) 8,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 49,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 10,
- vit. A (IU) 826,
- vit. C (mg) 31,
- Folate (µg) 165,
- sodium (mg) 195,
- calcium (mg) 30,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet