Pasta Primavera with Asparagus
thin stalks fresh asparagus
ounces dried long fusilli or ziti pasta
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoons bottled minced garlic
teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
cup dry white wine
small red, orange, and/or yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut up
tablespoon butter or margarine
cup shredded fresh basil
- Snap off and discard woody bases of fresh asparagus. Rinse. Cut or snap off the tips; set aside. Bias-slice asparagus stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus stalk pieces, wine, and salt to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and asparagus tips; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute more or until the tomatoes are heated through. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Drain pasta; add pasta and basil to vegetables in skillet. Toss gently to combine. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Pasta Primavera with Asparagus)
- Per serving:
- 316 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 8 mg chol.,
- 195 mg sodium,
- 49 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 10 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet