- Prepare Sauteed Tomato Sauce; cover and keep warm. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms, zucchini, sweet pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir about 3 minutes more or just until vegetables are tender. Drain off liquid. Stir in salt, oregano, and black pepper; cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add cream cheese. Beat for 30 seconds.
- Arrange spaghetti in the bottom of a greased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Add vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over mixture in dish. Press mixture lightly with the back of a large spoon. Bake about 40 minutes or until mixture is set and lightly browned on edges.
- To serve, cut frittata into serving-size pieces. Spoon about 1/3 cup of Sauteed Tomato Sauce onto each plate; place a serving of frittata on top of sauce. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare the Sauteed Tomato Sauce as directed; cool. Transfer sauce to an airtight container and chill for up to 24 hours. To reheat, transfer the sauce to a medium saucepan. Cover and cook until heated through.
Sauteed Tomato Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Carefully stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until mixture is of desired consistency. If desired, stir in oregano. Cook for 5 minutes more. Makes about 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Pasta Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 407 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 244 mg chol.,
- 727 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet