- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 9 ounce package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 4 1/2 ounce rounds Brie cheese, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked lobster meat* or
- 2 6 - 8 ounce package flake-style imitation lobster
- 2/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
1. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set dish aside. Place asparagus pieces in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; toss with oil. Bake, uncovered, in a 475 degree F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; cool.
2. Meanwhile, separate lasagna noodles and soak in water for 15 minutes; drain. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degree F.
3. For sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until flour mixture is lightly browned. Stir in broth and white pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Brie until almost melted. If desired, stir in sherry.
4. Place one-third of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, overlapping or trimming as necessary to fit. Top with 1/3 cup of the sauce, half of the asparagus, and half of the lobster. Sprinkle with a little of the Parmesan cheese.
5. Repeat layers with another one-third of the noodles, 1/3 cup of the sauce, remaining asparagus, and remaining lobster. Sprinkle with a little more of the Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining lasagna noodles, chopped tomato, remaining sauce, and remaining Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake, covered, in the 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (if toting, see note). Makes 12 servings.
- For 2-1/2 cups cooked lobster meat, in a 3-quart saucepan cook four 8-ounce lobster tails in boiling water, uncovered, for 8 to 12 minutes or until shells turn bright red and meat is tender. Drain. Remove shells and coarsely chop lobster meat.
- Do not let stand after baking. Cover tightly. Transport in an insulated carrier.
- Prepare using the method above, except assemble and bake in a 2-quart square baking dish.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 283,
- Fat, total (g) 15,
- chol. (mg) 67,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 19,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 5,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 18,
- vit. A (RE) 0,
- vit. A (IU) 534,
- vit. C (mg) 12,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 2,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 60,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,
- sodium (mg) 438,
- Potassium (mg) 248,
- calcium (mg) 121,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet