Linguine with Smoked Salmon in Cream Sauce
ounces packaged dried linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti
ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (lox-style) or cooked fresh salmon
green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
clove garlic, minced
tablespoon margarine or butter
cup whipping cream
tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into thin bite-size strips; set aside.
- For sauce, in a large skillet cook the green onion and garlic in margarine or butter until tender. Add salmon and cook for 1 minute. Stir in whipping cream, snipped or dried dill, lemon peel, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle boil about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange the pasta on individual plates or a large platter. Spoon the sauce over the pasta. If desired, garnish with fresh dill sprigs. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts(Linguine with Smoked Salmon in Cream Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 523 kcal cal.,
- 29 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat,
- 94 mg chol.,
- 450 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet