Linguine in Fresh Tomato Sauce with Garlic-Basil Toast
- Heat broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine 1 tablespoon of the oil and about one-third of the minced garlic; brush on cut sides of muffins. Place muffins on baking sheet. Broil, 3 to 4 inches from broiler, for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the chopped basil; set aside.
- In large saucepan heat remaining oil over medium-high. Add remaining garlic, basil, and the tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes; add broth and sugar. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until tomatoes soften. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in pasta and olives; heat through. Sprinkle cheese and basil.
- Serve toasted muffins with pasta. Top with Parmesan and basil. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Linguine in Fresh Tomato Sauce with Garlic-Basil Toast)
- Per serving:
- 450 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 1 mg chol.,
- 403 mg sodium,
- 72 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 12 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet