- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- Nonstick spray coating
- 2 slices turkey bacon, sliced crosswise into strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
1. Cook linguine or spaghetti according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, spray a medium saucepan with nonstick coating. Cook turkey bacon in saucepan until crisp and light brown. Drain on paper towels. Wipe saucepan clean with a paper towel.
3. For sauce, in same saucepan combine egg, evaporated milk, peas, sweet pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat just until the mixture coats a metal spoon (about 6 minutes). Do not boil. Stir in bacon and half of the Parmesan cheese. Heat through.
4. Immediately pour sauce over hot cooked pasta; toss to coat. Transfer to a warm serving platter. Sprinkle with black pepper and remaining Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 383,
- Fat, total (g) 7,
- chol. (mg) 71,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 56,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 22,
- vit. A (RE) 175,
- vit. C (mg) 3,
- sodium (mg) 362,
- calcium (mg) 414,
- iron (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet