Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to hot saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl toss together chicken and flour until chicken is lightly coated. In a large skillet cook and stir chicken in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add shallot and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute or until tender. Carefully stir in broth, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup. Stir in chicken, capers, and parsley; heat through.
- Toss pasta with chicken mixture. If desired, serve with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Lemon Shrimp Pasta Toss:
Prepare as directed except substitute 12 ounces peeled, deveined shrimp for chicken. Cook and stir in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss)
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 5 g monounsatured fat),
- 50 mg chol.,
- 589 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 29 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Allan Foliart 429 Days Ago
i first saw this recipe in a betty crocker breast cancer book random chef notesUse... ramen chicken packet... flavoring, no salt increase water to 1cup..onions i have no idea why shallots I didn't like it with shallots at all... but green onions or your sweetest onion you can get works just fine...(and they are cheeper too)I always use Italian 5 cheeseand instead of penne pasta i've found that spiral pasta works far better for coating the noodles in it