- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Remove 1/2 cup of the cooking liquids; set aside. Drain pasta and beans; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, finely shred peel from the lemon half (about 2 teaspoons). In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add lemon peel; cook and stir 1 minute, or until lightly golden.
- In a food processor combine cooked lemon peel, basil, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice from the lemon half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add reserved cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency, processing mixture after every addition.
- To serve, toss hot cooked pasta mixture with lemon-basil mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Basil Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 452 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 648 mg sodium,
- 75 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
How To Video
Leesa Dawson-Norwood 685 Days Ago
Recipe was pretty good but needs fresh garlic at the end.