- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 25 mins
ounces dried linguine or desired pasta
19 ounce can white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
of a lemon
tablespoons olive oil
cup packed fresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Remove 1/2 cup of the cooking liquids; set aside. Drain pasta and beans; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, finely shred peel from the lemon half (about 2 teaspoons). In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add lemon peel; cook and stir 1 minute, or until lightly golden.
- In a food processor combine cooked lemon peel, basil, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the juice from the lemon half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add reserved cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency, processing mixture after every addition.
- To serve, toss hot cooked pasta mixture with lemon-basil mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Basil Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 452 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 648 mg sodium,
- 75 g carb.,
- 9 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 18 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesDinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Healthy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Lemon Cheesecakes, Lemon Pies, Lemonade Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Healthy Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes