Greek Pasta Salad
The fresh herbs, vegetables, and olives that characterize Greek cuisine are tossed with pasta in this sprightly salad recipe. Feta cheese gives it a tangy finish.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yields: 12 to 16 side-dish servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs to 24 hrs
Greek Pasta Salad
cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
green onions, sliced
cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
cup olive oil
cup lemon juice
tablespoon anchovy paste (optional)
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
Fresh oregano leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large bowl toss together the cooked pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, and olives.
- In a screw-top jar combine the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, the 2 tablespoons oregano, anchovy paste (if using), garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for as least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. To serve, add feta cheese; toss. Sprinkle fresh oregano leaves. Makes 12 to 16 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts (Greek Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 231 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 8 mg chol.,
- 200 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesDinner Recipes, Ethnic Recipes, Fourth of July Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes, Greek Salad Recipes, Healthy Lunch Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Italian Recipes, Lemon Cheesecakes, Lemon Pies, Lemonade Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Pasta Recipes, Pasta Salad Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes, Salad Recipes, Summer Salad Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Vegetable Casseroles, Vegetable Recipes, Vegetable Salad Recipes