Ginger-Peanut Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 30 seconds of cooking time, add pea pods; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a screw-top jar, combine salad oil, rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and chili oil or bottled hot pepper sauce. Cover and shake to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and pea pod mixture, kohlrabi or cucumber, carrots, sweet pepper, radishes, green onions, and cilantro or parsley. Add dressing, and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 8 hours.
- Transport in an insulated cooler with ice packs. To serve, toss the salad again and sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 12 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Chill dressing up to 3 days before using.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger-Peanut Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 165 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 197 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet