Ginger-Peanut Pasta Salad
ounces corkscrew macaroni or fine noodles, broken up
fresh pea pods, tips and strings removed (about 1 cup)
cup salad oil
tablespoons rice vinegar
tablespoons soy sauce
teaspoon grated fresh ginger
teaspoon chili oil or several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
medium kohlrabi, peeled and cut up, or 1 small cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
medium carrots, cut into long thin strips (about 1 cup)
medium yellow and/or green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
cup thinly sliced radishes
cup bias-sliced green onions
tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
cup chopped peanuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 30 seconds of cooking time, add pea pods; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a screw-top jar, combine salad oil, rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and chili oil or bottled hot pepper sauce. Cover and shake to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and pea pod mixture, kohlrabi or cucumber, carrots, sweet pepper, radishes, green onions, and cilantro or parsley. Add dressing, and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 8 hours.
- Transport in an insulated cooler with ice packs. To serve, toss the salad again and sprinkle with peanuts. Makes 12 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Chill dressing up to 3 days before using.
Nutrition Facts(Ginger-Peanut Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 165 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 197 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet