- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 ounces dried mafalda or rotini
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cups fresh asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 baby sunburst squash and/or pattypan squash, halved (4 ounces)*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, melt margarine in a large skillet; add asparagus, squash, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to pasta.
3. Combine whipping cream and lemon peel in skillet; bring to boiling. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. To serve, pour cream mixture over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Makes 4 servings.
- One medium zucchini or yellow summer squash cut into 8 pieces may be substituted for the baby sunburst squash and/or pattypan squash.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 370,
- Fat, total (g) 15,
- chol. (mg) 41,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 49,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 10,
- vit. A (RE) 227,
- vit. C (mg) 12,
- sodium (mg) 49,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet