Herb-infused tomatoes tango with garlic, artichokes, and cream for a pasta sauce with Mediterranean flair. Garnish this Garlic-Artichoke Pasta with your favorite cheese and sliced olives.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs on low or 3 hours on high
- Stand: 5 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
tablespoon bottled minced garlic (6 cloves)
cup whipping cream
ounces dried linguine, fettuccine, or other favorite pasta
Sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives and/or sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- Coat the inside of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Drain 2 of the cans of diced tomatoes (do not drain remaining can). In the prepared cooker combine drained and undrained tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in whipping cream and let stand about 5 minutes to heat through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta. If desired, top with olives and/or cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Garlic-Artichoke Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 403 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 1513 mg sodium,
- 68 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet