- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped ripe fresh tomatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 6 ounces dried capellini or spaghetti
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1. For sauce, in a large saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown.
2. Stir in 2 cups of the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the remaining chopped tomatoes, olives, and basil. Heat through.
3. Meanwhile, cook capellini according to package directions. Drain. Serve tomato sauce over capellini. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
- Prepare sauce; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Reheat to serve with pasta.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 202,
- Fat, total (g) 6,
- chol. (mg) 5,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 31,
- fiber (g) 2,
- pro. (g) 8,
- vit. A (RE) 103,
- vit. C (mg) 28,
- sodium (mg) 202,
- calcium (mg) 61,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet