Fettuccine with Shrimp
ounces fettuccine and/or spinach fettuccine, cooked
ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
cup chopped onion
cloves garlic, minced
tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
cup dry white wine
tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
tablespoon snipped fresh basil
teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup snipped fresh parsley
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Halve lengthwise; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown. Combine wine, bouillon granules, basil, oregano, cornstarch, and pepper. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Add shrimp to wine mixture. Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Stir in tomatoes and heat through. Add shrimp mixture, cheese, and parsley to hot pasta; toss to coat pasta. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Shell and devein shrimp, chop the vegetables, and snip the herbs; cover and chill separately up to 4 hours. Cook pasta and assemble as above.
Nutrition Facts(Fettuccine with Shrimp)
- Per serving:
- 357 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 136 mg chol.,
- 926 mg sodium,
- 46 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet