- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 6 ounces dried spinach fettuccine, plain fettuccine, or linguine pasta
- 1/2 of a small fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and ground black pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and bias cut
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented, and chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return pasta to pan.
2. Trim fennel, reserving enough of the green fronds to make 3 tablespoons when snipped; set aside. Thinly slice fennel bulb half and the first 2 inches of stalks. Discard the remaining stalks. Stir together the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Cook shrimp and sliced fennel in hot oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through; add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Add wine; simmer mixture until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
4. Add broth mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove pan from heat; stir in pea pods and green onion.
5. Toss shrimp mixture with pasta and orange pieces. Arrange on individual pasta plates. Sprinkle with reserved snipped fennel fronds. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 300,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 129,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 37,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 24,
- vit. A (IU) 194,
- vit. C (mg) 17,
- Folate (µg) 36,
- sodium (mg) 197,
- calcium (mg) 91,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet