Fettuccine with Fennel, Shrimp, and Peas
ounces dried spinach fettuccine, plain fettuccine, or linguine pasta
of a small fennel bulb
cup chicken broth
teaspoons olive oil
large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and ground black pepper (optional)
cup dry white wine
cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and bias cut
cup sliced green onion
orange, peeled, segmented, and chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return pasta to pan.
- Trim fennel, reserving enough of the green fronds to make 3 tablespoons when snipped; set aside. Thinly slice fennel bulb half and the first 2 inches of stalks. Discard the remaining stalks. Stir together the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Cook shrimp and sliced fennel in hot oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through; add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Add wine; simmer mixture until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Add broth mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove pan from heat; stir in pea pods and green onion.
- Toss shrimp mixture with pasta and orange pieces. Arrange on individual pasta plates. Sprinkle with reserved snipped fennel fronds. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Fettuccine with Fennel, Shrimp, and Peas)
- Per serving:
- 300 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 129 mg chol.,
- 197 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet