Fettuccine with Fennel, Shrimp, and Peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return pasta to pan.
- Trim fennel, reserving enough of the green fronds to make 3 tablespoons when snipped; set aside. Thinly slice fennel bulb half and the first 2 inches of stalks. Discard the remaining stalks. Stir together the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Cook shrimp and sliced fennel in hot oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through; add salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Add wine; simmer mixture until liquid is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Add broth mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove pan from heat; stir in pea pods and green onion.
- Toss shrimp mixture with pasta and orange pieces. Arrange on individual pasta plates. Sprinkle with reserved snipped fennel fronds. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Fettuccine with Fennel, Shrimp, and Peas)
- Per serving:
- 300 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 129 mg chol.,
- 197 mg sodium,
- 37 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 24 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet