Creamy Artichoke Lasagna
- In a large bowl, combine the water and lemon juice; set aside. Cut off the base of each artichoke. Snap off outer leaves until you reach leaves that are yellow at the bottom. Cut off the top third of artichokes; quarter artichokes. Immediately place artichokes in water mixture to keep them from browning. Drain artichokes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add artichokes, pine nuts, and half of the garlic. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until artichokes are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to the large bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the basil, the egg, and salt.
- In a small bowl or glass measure, combine broth and flour. In the large saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic; cook and stir until garlic is tender but not brown. Stir in flour mixture and half-and-half. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup basil.
- In a small bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble, spread about 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of an ungreased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Layer three of the cooked noodles in the dish. Spread with one-third of the artichoke mixture and one-third of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella mixture. Repeat layering noodles, artichoke mixture, sauce, and mozzarella mixture two more times.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes until edges are bubbly and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Creamy Artichoke Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 337 kcal cal.,
- 20 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 57 mg chol.,
- 482 mg sodium,
- 25 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 1 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet