Citrus Tuna Pasta Salad
Fresh vegetables and cheese make this tuna pasta salad extra rich and colorful. It's a great main-dish pasta salad to tote to the office for a quick, invigorating meal.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs to 24 hrs
- Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, adding the artichoke hearts the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Halve any large artichoke hearts.
- Transfer pasta and artichoke hearts to a very large bowl. Gently stir in tuna, mushrooms, sweet peppers, and olives.
- Pour Lemon Dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, gently stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
Transport salad, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
Prepare using method above, except cook pasta and artichoke hearts in a large saucepan. Stir salad together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, rice vinegar or white wine vinegar, salad oil, thyme or basil, sugar, black pepper, and minced garlic. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Per serving:
- 394 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 407 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet