Citrus Tuna Pasta Salad
ounces dried mafalda
9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
9 1/4 ounce can chunk white tuna (water packed), drained and broken into chunks
cups sliced fresh mushrooms
cups chopped yellow sweet peppers
cup sliced, pitted ripe olives
recipe Lemon Dressing (see recipe below)
cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, adding the artichoke hearts the last 5 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Halve any large artichoke hearts.
- Transfer pasta and artichoke hearts to a very large bowl. Gently stir in tuna, mushrooms, sweet peppers, and olives.
- Pour Lemon Dressing over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, gently stir in tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Transport salad, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese in an insulated cooler with ice packs.
For 4 Servings:
Prepare using method above, except cook pasta and artichoke hearts in a large saucepan. Stir salad together in a large bowl.
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
cup lemon juice
cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
cup salad oil
teaspoon black pepper
cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, rice vinegar or white wine vinegar, salad oil, thyme or basil, sugar, black pepper, and minced garlic. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts(Citrus Tuna Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 394 kcal cal.,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 31 mg chol.,
- 407 mg sodium,
- 45 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 25 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet