- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces ground raw chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Cooking oil for deep-fat frying
1. For filling, coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium high heat. Cook and stir chicken or turkey until no longer pink; drain. Add pineapple juice, green onion, soy sauce, and ginger. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Stir in peaches and pepper. Cool mixture slightly.
2. To fill, spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of the chicken mixture into center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges lightly with water. Fold the four sides together toward center; pinch corners and seams closed.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy saucepan or deep fryer to 365F. Fry wontons, 4 at a time, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden, turning once. Remove wontons from oil; drain on paper towels. Place fried wontons in a single layer on a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 300F oven while frying remaining wontons. Serve warm. Makes 36 wontons.
- Fry wontons, drain, and cool. Wrap gently in foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, place unwrapped frozen wontons on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a 400F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through.
- Servings Per Recipe 36,
- cal. (kcal) 59,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 0,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 5,
- fiber (g) 0,
- pro. (g) 2,
- sodium (mg) 78,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet