Cheesy Shell-Stuffed Shells
dried jumbo shell macaroni
ounces dried tiny shell macaroni (2 cups)
cups Gruyere cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
cup half-and-half or light cream
teaspoon ground white pepper or pepper
24 ounce jar vodka sauce or your favorite tomato pasta sauce
ounces brick cheese or mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 cup)
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook jumbo shells according to package directions. Using a large slotted spoon, transfer shells to a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain well and set aside. In same pan cook tiny shells according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine Gruyere cheese, cheddar cheese, half-and-half, and pepper. Heat over medium-low heat until cheese is melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Stir in tiny shells.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spoon cheese-shell mixture into drained jumbo shells; place stuffed shells in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining pasta sauce.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with brick cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Cheesy Shell-Stuffed Shells)
- Per serving:
- 858 kcal cal.,
- 42 g fat
- (25 g sat. fat,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 128 mg chol.,
- 1035 mg sodium,
- 79 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 40 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet