Budget Broccoli Lasagna
dried lasagna noodles
teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 ounce package frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
carrots, shredded (1 cup)
cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of foil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan, whisk together about 1 cup of the milk and the flour until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk, salt, dry mustard, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange three of the cooked lasagna noodles in the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the broccoli, half of the carrots, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, and 1 cup of the sauce. Repeat layering noodles, broccoli, carrots, cheese, and sauce. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce, and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Budget Broccoli Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 325 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 41 mg chol.,
- 574 mg sodium,
- 35 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 8 g sugar,
- 17 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet