Baked Penne Florentine
ounces dried multigrain or whole wheat penne pasta
10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
cup vegetable broth
medium onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
cup raw cashews
15 ounce can Great Northern beans, navy beans, or cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
teaspoons lemon juice
teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon ground black pepper
cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to hot pan. Add spinach; toss to combine. Spoon into a 2-quart casserole; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine vegetable broth, onion, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cashews in a food processor. Cover and process until finely ground. Add half of the water; blend until smooth. Add onion mixture, beans, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the remaining water. Stir bean mixture into pasta mixture in casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until crumbs are toasted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts(Baked Penne Florentine)
- Per serving:
- 315 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 mg chol.,
- 198 mg sodium,
- 53 g carb.,
- 10 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet