This quick and easy cavatelli casserole recipe uses simple but tasty ingredients such as fresh mozzarella and sausage.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the sausage, onion, and garlic until sausage is brown; remove from skillet. Drain.
- In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and the pepper. Add the cooked pasta and the drained sausage mixture. Stir gently to combine. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.*
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until nearly heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Makes 5 or 6 servings
From the Test Kitchen
For individual portions, spoon the mixture into 5 or 6 individual (8- to 10-ounce) casseroles. Place the casseroles on a large baking sheet. Cover casseroles with foil and bake in a 375 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until nearly heated through. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, and bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts (Baked Cavatelli)
- Per serving:
- 503 kcal cal.,
- 24 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 10 g monounsatured fat),
- 58 mg chol.,
- 1464 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 9 g sugar,
- 23 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet