Herb-infused tomatoes match up with garlic, artichokes, and cream to give this pasta sauce Mediterranean flair.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 8 hrs (low) or 3-4 hours (high)
- Stand: 5 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
cloves garlic, minced
cup whipping cream
ounces dried linguine, fettucine, or other favorite pasta
Sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives and/or sliced pitted ripe olives (optional)
- Coat the inside of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Drain two of the cans of diced tomatoes (do not drain remaining can). In the prepared cooker, stir together drained and undrained tomatoes, the artichoke hearts, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in whipping cream; let stand about 5 minutes to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta. If desired, top with olives and/or cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Artichoke Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 403 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 27 mg chol.,
- 1513 mg sodium,
- 68 g carb.,
- 7 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet