- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 8 hrs to 10 hrs (low) or 4 to 5 hours (high)
onion, cut into thin wedges
ounces pancetta, chopped, or 5 slices bacon, chopped
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
15 ounce can tomato sauce
teaspoons dried parsley, crushed
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
teaspoon crushed red pepper
Fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook onion, pancetta, and garlic over medium heat until onion is tender and pancetta is brown. Drain off fat.
- Transfer pancetta mixture to a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, dried oregano, salt, basil, and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and, if desired, garnish with fresh oregano.
Nutrition Facts (Arrabbiata Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 14 mg chol.,
- 1131 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet