- In a large skillet, cook onion, pancetta, and garlic over medium heat until onion is tender and pancetta is brown. Drain off fat.
- Transfer pancetta mixture to a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, dried oregano, salt, basil, and crushed red pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and, if desired, garnish with fresh oregano.
Nutrition Facts (Arrabbiata Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 14 mg chol.,
- 1131 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 10 g sugar,
- 13 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Cindy Neuhaus 1019 Days Ago
4 stars, delicious & easy! Hubby & I both really liked it. I used 3 cloves of garlic (recipe missing word cloves). Amount it makes is VERY generous for 1 pound of pasta. We're not huge fans of really hot stuff so I used a sparing 1/2 teaspoon red pepper; next time I'll just use normal 1/2 teaspoon because it wasn't really hot. I made mine on the stovetop in a big skillet instead of crock pot & just simmered while I started the water & boiled the noodles.