Angel Hair with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Trim asparagus and rinse in cold water. Remove the tips; set aside. Bias-slice remaining asparagus stalks into 1- to 1-1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook and stir about 2 minutes more.
- Add asparagus pieces, wine, and salt to mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add asparagus tips; cook, uncovered, for 1 minute more. Add butter; stir until melted.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Return to pan and toss with asparagus mixture and basil.
Nutrition Facts (Angel Hair with Asparagus and Tomatoes)
- Per serving:
- 484 kcal cal.,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 10 mg chol.,
- 238 mg sodium,
- 81 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Kim Boccio 1384 Days Ago
I found this recipe over 20 years ago while waiting in the reception area to get my wisdom teeth out and I have been making it ever since. It is absolutely delicious and tastes like something from an expensive, authentic Italian restaurant. I highly recommend it!!!