Linguini with Fresh Veggies
- Trim asparagus. Remove tips; set aside. Bias-slice asparagus stalks into 1-to 1 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add asparagus stalks, wine, and salt. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add asparagus tips; cook uncovered, for 1 minutes. Add butter; stir till melted.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Return to pan and toss with asparagus mixture and basil.
From the Test Kitchen
The butter is used in this recipe to bind the sauce. Margarine might not be an effective substitute.
Nutrition Facts (Linguini with Fresh Veggies)
- Per serving:
- 280 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 19 mg chol.,
- 185 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet