- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 ounces dried whole grain or whole wheat penne pasta
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil or olive oil
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved (3 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese (chevre) (3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, lightly coat the rack of an indoor electric grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill. Place chicken on grill rack. If using a grill with a cover, close lid. Grill until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). (For a covered grill, allow about 6 minutes. For an uncovered grill, allow 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.) Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
3. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, orange peel, orange juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper; set aside.
4. In a 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in pasta and chicken; remove from heat.
5. Gradually add spinach and dressing to chicken mixture, tossing gently until spinach is slightly wilted. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until about 1/2 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap. Coat a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray; heat pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- To assemble the salad as shown in the photo, toss pasta with chicken and transfer to a large serving bowl. Heat the dressing before tossing with the spinach and tomato mixture; transfer to the serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
- Servings Per Recipe 6,
- cal. (kcal) 352,
- Fat, total (g) 17,
- chol. (mg) 73,
- sat. fat (g) 3,
- carb. (g) 24,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 7,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 4,
- fiber (g) 4,
- sugar (g) 7,
- pro. (g) 27,
- vit. A (IU) 3693,
- vit. C (mg) 28,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 10,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,
- Folate (µg) 113,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 563,
- Potassium (mg) 587,
- calcium (mg) 131,
- iron (mg) 3,
- Mark as Free Exchange () 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet