Parmesan-Crusted Turkey with Mashed Cauliflower
of a head cauliflower, coarsely chopped (3 cups)
8 ounces turkey breast tenderloins, halved horizontally
Salt and ground black pepper
cup light mayonnaise
tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
tablespoons butter or margarine
Snipped fresh Italian parsley and/or paprika (optional)
- Preheat broiler. In a microwave-safe 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine cauliflower and the water. Cover and microwave on 100-percent power (high) for 12 to 15 minutes or until very tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, lightly sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Place on an unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn turkey pieces over; broil for 4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and the bread crumbs. Spread over turkey. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes more or until topping is golden and turkey is no longer pink (170 degrees F).
- Add butter and the remaining Parmesan cheese to cauliflower; mash until smooth. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and/or paprika. Serve cauliflower with turkey.
Nutrition Facts(Parmesan-Crusted Turkey with Mashed Cauliflower)
- Per serving:
- 310 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 97 mg chol.,
- 574 mg sodium,
- 10 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet